Thank you for your interest. We have no open positions at this time.
Join our team as a Visitor Ambassador
The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art supports student success at WSU Pullman in a multitude of ways through our exhibitions and educational programs, the courses we teach, and opportunities we create for internships, professional development and employment.
Our Visitor Ambassador’s are the face of the museum and provide the most important service we offer; an excitement for learning and teaching and enhancing the museum experience for all visitors.
- Greet and welcome visitors
- Provide information to visitors and answer visitor questions
- Enhance the museum experience
- Keep informed about changes to exhibits
- Ensure museum exhibitions & art are safeguarded from damage and theft
- Skillfully interact with diverse visitors
- Occasionally assist with scheduled tours, classes or events outside regular museum hours
- Actively strive to objectively provide interpretation of exhibits, while being sensitive of visitor differences (learning style, cultural background, age level and needs)
- Maintain a clean exhibit and reception area
Ambassador Characteristics & Qualifications
- Love for and excitement of learning and teaching
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable in public speaking
- Desire to learn about the museum
- Reliable, punctual and professional
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently
If you are a WSU student interested in working at the museum, please contact Karey Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org