About the Art & Healing Collaboration
Beginning in Spring 2021, The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art WSU began a collaboration with Pullman Regional Hospital, using virtual exhibitions, current exhibitions, and resources from our permanent collection to engage with the Pullman community in a conversation about relationships among art, health, and healing.
Broadly organized under the theme “Art & Healing,” the exhibitions and programs to be included in this collaboration are chosen and planned with the wider Pullman community as well as Pullman Regional Hospital staff and patients in mind.
As we explore this new collaboration, our offerings will strive to address the following questions about engaging in art and making art:
- How does art keep us healthy?
- How does art help with therapeutic and healing processes?
- How is art related to mindfulness and meditation?
- How does art inspire and inform those who are ill, injured, or otherwise in need of healing?
- How does art inspire and inform medical professionals and caregivers?
See our Art & Healing Virtual Exhibitions page for art and exhibitions addressing these questions.